Serves 4 as a starter or side dish: Black Garlic and Parsley Potato Salad
For the Potato Salad
- 8 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 6-10 medium to large red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/4 c olive oil
- salt to taste For the Dressing
- 3-4 cloves of peeled black garlic, crushed
- 8 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp lemon zest
- 6 tbsp good olive oil
- 4 tspns sesame oil
- 2 tspns honey
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper**Optional
- 8 oz fresh italian parsley, wash, dried with leaves picked from the stem and minced
- To make Potato Salad Preheat oven to 450°F/ 220°C
- In a bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil and salt.
- Spread onto a baking sheet or aluminum foil and bake in the centre rack for 45 minutes or until done.
- (While potatoes are baking, make the salad dressing using instructions below).
- When potatoes are done, place them in a bowl and when you are ready to serve, add tomatoes and dressing to taste.
- Wait until close to serving to mix all the ingredients together to avoid the potatoes getting soggy.
***If serving as a starter add all the dressing and serve with a crusty bread for dipping.
To make the Salad Dressing
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ingredients 1-8 above.
- Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before adding the minced parsley.
- After adding the parsley, allow to sit again for at least 30 minutes before adding to salad.
- Leftovers can be kept in a jar, refrigerated and re purposed as seasoning for chicken, pasta salad, dressing for grilled cheese…almost anything you can think of!
This recipe was created by Candice Custodio who kindly agreed that we could share this delicious dish on our website. For more delicious food dishes pop over and check out her Instagram account.